In this week’s video: President Trump’s warning to North Korea shakes markets, but not oil and gas. Analysts weighed in on the president’s comments with one saying they add an “undertone“ to the market but oil traders were largely unconcerned. In A&D news, Samson Resources is selling Haynesville assets to an affiliate of Rockcliff Energy for $535 million. Rice Energy, which is set to merge with EQT, is continuing to make deals including a recent purchase of Marcellus Shale acreage. Meanwhile, shale pioneer Harold Hamm’s Continental Resources may have been built on oil but it’s upping the ante on natural gas due to an expected surge in LNG exports. Finally, NGL prices reach a milestone.
- Trump’s ‘Fire And Fury’ Remarks Disquiet Markets; Bump Oil, Gas
- Samson Sells Haynesville, Regional Assets To Rockcliff For $525 Million
- With Merger Looming, Rice Continues To Swing Barnett, Marcellus Deals
- Harold Hamm Steps Up Bets On Demand For Gas
- Frac Spread: Priciest NGL Since Valentine’s Day Means Summer Of Love (Available on MidstreamBusiness.com)