HOUSTON – Ray Walker, senior vice president and chief operating officer at Range Resources Corp., and Robert Johnston, vice president for central region at Apache Corp., will address energy professionals at Hart Energy’s DUG Midcontinent conference and exhibition, April 22-23, at the Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center in Tulsa, Okla.
Opening keynote Walker will present “The High-Chat Lime View from the Nemaha Ridge.” With some 360,000 net acres in Oklahoma and the Texas Panhandle, Range Resources is developing its Mississippi Lime/Chat potential in Kay and Cowley counties on the Nemaha Ridge, making wells that produce more than 50% oil. Walker will also detail the company’s drilling work in the Woodford, Granite Wash, and the St. Louis Lime.
“Apache’s Barrel-Busting Midcontinent” will be Johnston’s topic. Apache is growing its Midcontinent oil volumes from about 7,900 barrels a day in just a year to 17,000 barrels a day and NGLs from 2,000 to 8,300 barrels a day. Apache has found a company-building home in this legacy producing region. Johnston will describe Apache’s findings in the Granite Wash, Cherokee, Cleveland, Hogshooter, and other stacked Anadarko Basin rocks, as well as indications from a potential new oil play in Oldham County, Texas.
DUG Midcontinent offers a special midstream track with a comprehensive look at business opportunities, examining pipeline, treatment, and storage infrastructure. One speaker, Greg Smith, senior vice president for Permian and Midcontinent at DCP Midstream LLC, will present “DCP's NGLs-to-Texas Plans and More Midcon Take-Away,” a look at NGL take-away to Mont Belvieu, accommodating more than 250 million cubic feet a day of liquids-rich gas from the Granite Wash, Woodford Cana, Tonkawa, Marmaton and Cleveland plays. DCP Midstream is installing grassroots gathering systems in the western and eastern Mississippi Lime.
Other top speakers currently on the agenda include:
• Steve Antry, chairman and CEO, Eagle Energy of Oklahoma LLC;
• Hal Chappelle, president and CEO, Alta Mesa Holdings LP;
• Porter Bennett, president and CEO, Ponderosa Advisors;
• John Crum, president and CEO, Midstates Petroleum Co. Inc.;
• Rick Wilkerson, president and CEO, Velocity Midstream;
• Daniel Smith, CEO, Petro River Oil LLC;
• Robert Watson Jr., CEO, EnerJex Resources Inc.;
• Dudley Viles, president and CEO, Bright Horizon Resources LLC;
• Jason Garner, chief operating officer, HighMount Exploration & Production LLC;
• Pierce Norton, executive vice president, commercial, ONEOK and ONEOK Partners;
• Ralph Williams, president, Reservoir Visualization Inc. (RVI);
• Roger Fox, senior vice president, midstream business, Eagle Rock Energy Partners LP;
• Frank Young, senior vice president, Unit Petroleum Co.;
• Stephen Roberts, senior vice president, Arkoma Group, Jones Energy Ltd.;
• Joe Schimelpfening, senior vice president, upstream business, Eagle Rock Energy Partners LP;
• Clay M. Gaspar, vice president, Midcontinent, Newfield Exploration Co.; and
• Bill Ward, vice president, gas supply and business development, Superior Pipeline Co.
The newest event in the company’s successful DUG™ conference series, DUG Midcontinent joins the largest unconventional resource events in the world. In 2012 alone, Hart Energy conferences welcomed 15,000-plus attendees.
For more info, visit dugmidcontinent.com.