In this week’s video sponsored by DNV GL: The Eagle Ford Shale has been on an A&D hot streak recently—seeing more than $740 million in deals announced in May. In the latest deal, Lonestar Resources agreed to acquire roughly 21,000 net Eagle Ford acres for about $116.6 million, doubling its leasehold in the South Texas shale play.
Linn Energy also had a busy month with more than $900 million of divestitures announced in May, including the recent $71.5 million sale of Wyoming assets to Denbury Resources.
In addition, EP Energy and Tesoro recently said they plan to team up for oil and gas development of Utah's Uinta Basin. Callon Petroleum also announced Chairman and CEO Fred L. Callon, 67, died suddenly and unexpectedly on May 24.
- Lonestar Resources' Deal Doubles Eagle Ford Leasehold
- Linn Energy Sells California Acreage Bringing May Divestitures To $844 Million
- Triple Threat: Linn Hits $99 Million With Denbury Deal
- EP Energy, Tesoro Launch JV To Drill Uinta Basin Oil Wells
- Callon Petroleum Announces Death Of Chairman, CEO Fred Callon